What is Inspire?
Sanford Inspire envisions an education system where inspired teaching represents the norm for all learning environments, and where teachers and schools consider inspired learning a core purpose rather than an accidental outcome. The goal is to give future educators the tools and practices to create a learning environment where all students are inspired, and develop a strong desire to attend school, learn, and succeed in life.
Creating Inspired Teachers
In working with education stakeholders, the focus remains on developing inspired teachers through:
- Highly effective educator preparation programs
- Meaningful professional learning activities
- Resources designed to develop educators with outstanding instructional and relationship-building skills and abilities
Teachers have access to a number of research-based online modules that can be completed in an hour each, at any time.
Having inspired teachers in classrooms helps to:
- Build stronger teacher-student relationships, so students feel more connected to their schools and communities
- Create classrooms supporting academic achievement
- Motivate students to apply themselves in the classroom and in their communities
Leading the Movement
Sanford Inspire serves as a powerful catalyst for change by providing leadership in the inspired teaching and learning movement, and by working collaboratively with educators to nurture, develop, and sustain educational experiences for all.
In pursuing its mission, Sanford Inspire values and is committed to:
- Modeling ethical practices
- Building on each learner’s prior knowledge
- Engaging all learners in the pursuit of high academic standards
- Creating and maintaining learning environments that foster learners’ physical, cognitive, emotional, aesthetic, and social well-being
- Establishing a culture of caring and respect, supporting academic and personal success through rapport between learners, their families, and the community
- Preserving dignity for all by creating welcoming learning communities where everyone is valued