Sanford Inspire strives to make the world a better place by creating and disseminating strategies and resources—developed through research and evidence-based practices—to put inspired teachers in every classroom. Sanford Inspire seeks to:
- Engage all members of the educational community to ensure all stakeholders effectively work together to help students thrive academically and personally
- Share innovative programmatic approaches to preparing inspired educators in higher-education institutions and PK-12 schools
- Support the growth of inspired educators by providing the targeted, customized professional development needed to ensure PK-12 students have access to the highest quality education
- Inspire by providing the resources to integrate inspiring practices into classrooms, schools, districts, and universities
- Expand by facilitating collaboration and dissemination of researched-based practices and results
Guiding Principles of Inspirational Teaching and Learning
Inspiration is a critical element of rich, rewarding, and effective teaching and learning experiences. In order for teachers to really make a meaningful impact on students, they must first obtain a specific instructional and relationship-building skillset—which is what Sanford Inspire provides. Parents, teachers, school districts, and the entire community have the ability to spark a child’s desire to learn.
Sanford Inspire is founded on the belief that inspiration:
- Activates, engages, energizes, excites, motivates, and stirs intellect and imagination for both the teacher and the learner
- Is deeply personal—it comes from within and can be learned, nurtured, and developed
- Originates from multiple sources—art, music, human acts, ideas, nature, and relationships
- Provides the energy to push-through challenges with resiliency, in order to build efficacy, confidence, and competence
Sanford Inspire engages the hearts and minds of the entire educational community to: Teach Inspired. Learn Inspired. Live Inspired.